Manage Body|Mind|Emotions|Thoughts

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Facial Paralysis/Bell's Palsy - Did you know about this nerve disorder?

Recently I happened to read an article about Facial Paralysis. Though I was just skimming through the article, the first time, it made a huge impact on me. I never knew facial paralysis could be caused from viral infections such as mumps,chicken pox etc or even HIV. Even a neurological disease like brain tumor can cause this.

It is really very emotional when something happens to our face. Face reflects every thing and if people avoid us because of the facial disorder, it is going to affect us way deep. The viral diseases are very common and I felt that everyone must be educated with its after effects.

Bell's Palsy is a form of temporary facial paralysis and its onset is usually sudden. Imagine, if suddenly you are not able to blink or move your lips! How horrible would you feel? I am appalled! It affects 40,000 people in the US every year. Can you believe it? To diagnose this, the patient has to go through a complete checkup. Sometimes Doctors can diagnose Bell's palsy by just looking at the person because the face has a 'certain look'.

There are a few ways with which Bell's Palsy is treated. One of which is Facial Nerve Retaining & Therapy. Do not hesitate. Nothing is too late.Contact your doctor immediately when you suspect something unusual. There are Facial Paralysis surgeons to help you! You deserve better!

No comments:

 

Connect with me online

Copyright

  • All written content on Mind Manage © 2008 Sangeeth Raghunathan unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved |These are just views and the author takes no responsibilities for any action|If you are interested in using my texts or any information from my blog please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First!