Manage Body|Mind|Emotions|Thoughts

Friday, November 28, 2008

Food Poison - Diagnosis and home treatment

I was all ready to shop on Black Friday. You might have read my excitement here. But all messed up within few hours. For Thanksgiving Lunch we had Fish and thanks to salmonella(I think), my husband got affected by food poison that evening and I had to say bu-bye to my Black Friday shopping.

I wanted to share few observations and tips with you so that you could be prepared to fight Food poison.

Common causes for Food poison:

  • Eating raw or undercooked Meat,seafood,Poultry
  • Drinking Raw or expired Milk
  • Eating unwashed vegetables/Fruits
  • Eating without washing hands


Common Symptoms of Food poison:

  • Diarrhea
  • Vomiting
  • Stomach pain
  • Head Ache
  • Nausea

Home Treatment for Food Poison:

  • Drink plenty of water, preferably warm water.
  • Boil water with 1 tsp cumin seeds and 2-3 cloves. Allow it to cool and drink when warm.
  • Goggle with salt water. This comforts your throat and kills any germs that could reside.
  • Avoid having solid food at least for the next 2 sessions and substitute with liquid food.
  • Take bed rest and avoid eating out for at least a week.

These are some of my observations and learning. You could also learn more about Food poisoning here and here.

No comments:

 

Connect with me online

Copyright

  • All written content on Mind Manage © 2008 Sangeeth Raghunathan unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved |These are just views and the author takes no responsibilities for any action|If you are interested in using my texts or any information from my blog please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First!