Manage Body|Mind|Emotions|Thoughts

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can we exercise during pregnancy?

This is the first question that I got even before planning for motherhood. Why? because I am overweight and it is a must that I watch my weight so that I get into an easy labor. With having a bad experience with my first pregnancy, it is very difficult for me to even think that my second would be a normal one.

I had a miscarriage due to the amniotic fluid loss. Now I have to be at rest for my second pregnancy. So how can I watch my weight being at complete rest? It is challenging. I am figuring out a way so that it helps me and also people like me who have to take complete rest during their pregnancy due to special needs.

Till now I have figured out that healthy and low card diet will help me maintain weight and also provide the required nutrients for my baby. But what about exercises? As of now, nothing. If you know anything,do share it. I'll love you forever!

But for others who can lead a normal pregnancy period, the best ways are,

Yoga - before choosing this option, be sure that you learn this from a teacher/expert before trying it. There is a baby to think about now.

Usual exercises in GYM - You can perform the normal walking exercises in treadmill, but just be sure to stop when you are uncomfortable and also don't stress out!

Walking with your better half - This helps a lot. Having a slow long walk with your husband will not only be relaxing and helpful for your labor but also will be a chance to catch up with your loved one and satisfy your emotional needs that grow up during pregnancy.

Always consult doctor and do not assume anything. To know more on exercises, have a look at this article. I liked it very much. Very informative.

Now tell me, do you or did you exercise during your pregnancy? Share your experience so that we can all learn and be prepared to welcome our bundle of joy!

1 comment:

Uj said...

My first time here... This is really very nice article up here. Hope you do take very good rest and take good care of your self.

 

Connect with me online

Copyright

  • All written content on Mind Manage © 2008 Sangeeth Raghunathan unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved |These are just views and the author takes no responsibilities for any action|If you are interested in using my texts or any information from my blog please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First!